In order to support the development and growth of Accrington town centre, the markets portfolio holder has introduce a new sliding scale lease to help support new traders with start-up costs.
New Trader Incentives
Hyndburn Borough Council have addressed concerns locally on how the COVID-19 pandemic has affected small businesses as well as entrepreneurs who would have been looking at starting a business in 2020.
The council members have decided to introduce a sliding scale on the first three months a new trader pays to help them with their start-up costs.
What does this mean?
Effectively the first three months of trading will only incur bills totaling one month’s rent. You could us this saving to support you in the purchase of tools / stock to start your new business off.
How does this work?
- You choose a date to start tradingand sign lease with a break clause option.
- You will receive all marketing support that any other new trader would receive
- The first months bill will be free
- The second months bill will be 33% of one month’s rent
- The third months’ rent will be 66% of one month’s rent
- If you wish to carry on trading you will pay 100% rent ( + service charge if applicable)
How do I sign up?
Contact the Market Office for an informal discussion today.